Dedicated mother of two incredible humans, Fine Art graduate, web developer by trade and lover of All Things Creative at heart.
I have always worked in design of some kind. Apparently I am an artist, but, in fact, I am more of an auditory than a visual person and the art (small a intended) I love best is more conceptual than visual.
I don’t care about your wallet or your fucking khakis.
I do care about honesty, kindness, integrity and living with arms, hearts and eyes wide open.
Although that can be challenging in a world such as this.
I believe we are here to experience and learn. And I believe we are here to connect. If not, what is the point?
I detest consumerism and prefer to embrace minimalism. I believe in being of service and sharing knowledge and resources freely. (prolly why I am broke a lot). I detest dishonesty, hypocrisy, injustice, inequality and greed. It’s a thing. And I will lose everything to fight the good fight. Worth it, on principle alone. I can’t not.
How the hell are people like me supposed to survive in a “modern world”? We create, I suppose. It keeps us sane and it provides a space to reflect, question the status quo, make a bit of noise, process the shit that we see that others seem okay to ignore and, perhaps, even to ignite a small fire of hope and / or resistance and action in some people passing by.
In my other waking hours I:
- do service at a women’s shelter
- help run a support group and provide mentorship for survivors of Narcissistic abuse and recovery
- am almost finished a course in recovery / addiction with a leading local institution
- create free videos to provide tools for mental health and addiction related recovery
- create videos and have a website to provide free resources to empower people online
- play guitar awfully and sing out of tune, hoop dance, Yoga (always – even if I’m not doing it) and walk my beautiful dog – barefoot, of course
- get my ass kicked at Uno by a cooler, younger human than I
- try and think of ways to further educate, train and share knowledge about recovery, prevention and support structures to make things easier for younger humans on the planet and those still stuck in the process and / or systems in place
- am trying to find the time to write the book about the bizarre journey that lead me here
- design t-shirts because it is fun and they connect people
My other online endeavours… (because sharing is caring)
My web development training and work / free resources & consulting now
Dedication to my dad (his life’s work online)
Online pattern library of seamless, editable designs for digital download
Being redone in chronological order and with a concise tool set – into an app, I hope.